Please send any job listings you want posted to: email@example.com. Be sure to tell us when the position is filled.
The Diocese of Western Anglicans is an Anglican Church in North America founding diocese. It has currently 45 congregations in the American states of California, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Wyoming. We are currently looking to hire an Event Coordinator to Plan and implement opportunities that create fellowship within the congregations throughout the diocese.
Status: Part-time (12 hours/week), Non-exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager Diocese of Western Anglicans
Salary: $14.00 p/hr.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the overall organization, management and implementation of events integral to the mission of the Western Diocese of Anglicans. This individual will work from the Diocese of Western Anglicans headquarters located in Long Beach California and interact with unpaid event coordinators at remote churches that are supporting or cosponsoring Western Diocese of Anglicans events. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual that is proactive, organized, and able to multitask.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute events, including conference registrations, hotel accommodations, food and beverage. AV needs and presentation deliverables.
- Plan, coordinate and follow-up on all aspects of ministry events. These events include, but are not limited to, Deacons School, ExComm Retreats, diocesan initiated deanery events, major training events, Kingdom Conference ExComm Meetings, Synod, etc..
- Coordinate travel arrangements for clergy and laity who are participating in major events
- Manage projects and frequently follow up with diocese staff and unpaid event coordinators at remote churches
- Monitor project progress against objectives and update executive team on project status.
- Arrange meals via coordinating with laity and unpaid event coordinators at remote churches or ordering from restaurants for diocesan events.
- Track event timelines to ensure deadlines are met and monitor achievement of activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate post event evaluations.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Assist with errands that include supplies and gifts acquisition, book orders and food, etc.
- Prepare an environment of hospitality for guests, cathedral staff and coworkers who visit the diocesan office, including preparing of beverages i.e. water/coffee.
- Utilize great phone skills to project a welcoming and supportive attitude when conducting diocese business via the telephone.
- Well organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Diligent Follow-up skills
- Positive attitude and an enthusiasm for church life.
- Great relational skills, the ability to manage projects and the willingness to repeatedly follow up with people.
- Energetic, self-directed, adaptable and motivated.
- Ability to work 4 hours a day 3 days a week.
- Work effectively with the congregation, staff and lay leaders.
- Demonstrate competence in making decisions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal relationships and communication.
- A passion to connect God’s people with their gifts.
- Understands recruitment techniques for attracting unpaid ministerial staff.
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Excel, Word, Publisher and Outlook.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours that include working evenings and weekends as required.
- Work as team player.
- Support the vision, values, and mission of the Western Diocese of Anglicans.
- Part-time (4 hours a day 3 days a week)
- Compensation: $14.00 per hour
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
Please submit resume for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes: July 15, 2019
Christ’s Church is a God-gathered congregation consisting of seasoned saints, faithful transplants and maturing new believers. As a grace-based, spirit-filled, prayer-driven congregation, we firmly stand for the absolute authority of sacred scripture. Christ’s Church is located east of Los Angeles County in the valley below the San Bernardino Mountains known as The Inland Empire which covers 27,298 square miles and has a population of over 4 million people. Christ’s Church is the only Anglican (ACNA) parish in the Inland Empire.
For Job Description and Parish Profile please visit www.christschurchweb.org/rector
To learn more about Christ’s Church visit www.christschurchweb.org.
If interested in applying, please submit a resume, three references, your personal mission statement, and several audio sermons, if available, to email@example.com.
The Diocese is looking for a Bi-Vocational Anglican leader for The Legacy House in Avondale, AZ. This person will lead Saturday evening praise and worship and at least one mid-week small group meeting. Additionally, this individual will provide pastoral calling in homes, hospitals, and/or rehab centers in the area, plus the occasional appearance at Legacy community events. Legacy will provide meeting space, furniture, equipment, (except religious furnishings), set-up and tear down of meeting rooms, and will give Living Faith priority status as "the church" of the facility, (although allowance is made for Roman Catholics and LDS to hold communion services and observe some religious practices). The understood intent of both parties is that there be a 'Christian community of believers' established in the Legacy Building to provide 'church life' to residence, staff and members of the surrounding community.
If interested, respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ the King is a young and vibrant emerging church plant located in the beautiful panhandle area of Idaho. We are a highly educated and eager to serve group of 25 regularly attending adults (and numerous children!). We have been meeting for weekly worship, led by a priest one and a half hours away, since last Fall and now seek a godly man who will establish the culture of our congregation, disciple our members and lead us in reaching Moscow (and nearby Pullman, WA) with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in the spirit of the historic Anglican tradition. Send your resume to email@example.com and we will respond with our Parish Profile.
St. David’s Anglican Church in Burbank, CA is a spirit-filled parish looking towards the future. We currently seek a full-time Assistant Rector who will transition to our full-time Rector after one year of service. The Assistant Rector will help lead us in worship and study, take part in administration, outreach, pastoral care and help to discern where God is leading us in the future. We are a congregation of 125 with a current Rector retiring in 2020, an assisting non-spendiary priest based out of St. David’s, who is acting CFO of the Los Angeles Mission and whose service extends to other churches, a faithful deacon, worship team and office staff. We have strong ties to the community through our outreach and pastoral involvement and are constantly looking for new ways to serve and grow in our faith. Interested candidates wanting to learn more about this position should send cover letter and resume to: Search committee, Barbara Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.